Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I got the worst haircut in the entire world and need some advice on how to deal with it.?

I first went in October to get my hair cut instead of listening to me the hairdresser cut off almost 10 inches and made my hair look like a boy haircut right at my chin. Then I thought it looked so bad I went back to have a few layers put in and she put layers in the right side of my hair and not the left and then she cut more off the right side of my head than she did with my left side. To make matters worse I have extremely thin hair only on the right side so this is affecting my entire life. I feel like I don't want to live or do anything fun anymore. I have a beautiful family and don't like feeling this way. Any advice would be helpful. My husband and kids are the best and I want to do the best for them. I just don't know how to deal with this horrilbe haircut. I cry everyday and think about leaving my family all because of this. I have always been a very optomistic person. I do not want to go get it fixed I because I am scared of anyone with scissors.I got the worst haircut in the entire world and need some advice on how to deal with it.?
First take a deep breath, hold it for a few seconds and slowly release. Think in the grand scheme of things. It is only a bad haircut. I know, they suck, completely and totally, but it will go back to normal eventually. Talk to your husband, family, and friends, i'm bet its not as bad as you think it is.





Although you said that you didnt want another person with scissors to get near your hair, you could ask someone with a REALLY great haircut where they got it done, and with who. Then you can go to that hairdresser, knowing that they produce good work. When there, talk to the person, tell them what happened, and what (with specific details) you want them to do. (This is what I did when I was in a similar situation)





If you absolutely do not want to wait for it to grow out, and you dont want any hairdressers with scissors to get ahold of your hair again, a wig could be a great solution. (a plus side of getting a wig is that you can try multiple haircuts on and choose the best without even cutting your real hair) Hair extensions are also a similar option.





If a wig is out of the question, you could go on a shopping spree for hats. Hats are a great fashion accesory and they hide perfectly bad hair days. Colorful funky bandanas are super fun to wear too!





If you arent to big on the hat idea, get creative with barettes, clips, and hairspray. Maybe you should just go for a crazy hair look. i also think that short ringlets might look super cute! Maybe you could put your hair in curlers... maybe you could try a perm... just have fun experimenting! you're safe in the knowledge that it cant get worse!





I would also see if i could get my money back from those two haircuts. You definitely deserve a refund!





Just always remember you're still you, and that personality is really the only thing that matters. People will love you hair or no hair.I got the worst haircut in the entire world and need some advice on how to deal with it.?
Hello Don't feel this way this happend to me a feww years ago but all I did was try to find ways to do my hair and them I got acostume to it. Plus just get the positive side could been worst.

Report Abuse



you have to let it grow but dont be afraid to go and have it straightened up. go to a different salon and explain to a stylist in great detail about whats happened and how you feel emotionally, i'm sure they will be very professional and make you feel at ease, i've had people come to me crying about their hair and it really satisfies me to help them, i really feel sorry for you. i promise you it wont look as bad as you think you know, i'd put my life on it!


also, try some velcro rollers in it to give it some lift and make it look thicker, good luck mommy, dont worry xxxxxx
Go back and demand your money back,sounds as though they are not fit to be hairdressers.Go somewhere else to get it sorted.
Do you know anyone that can recommend a mobile hairdresser, I have been using one for years as I absolutely hate going to the hairdresser. Make sure she or he comes recommended though. Good luck.
were a hat all the time untill it grows back
Hire a sailing boat and sail across the Atlantic and back. By the time you are home it will have grown out. But remember your Mobile phone will stop working about 350 miles out.
soon grow back ....meantime get a wig
extensions
go for nice headshave


after that plz dont cut upto 3 years do this ur hair wll be good
A) wear a hat


B) get a better hairdresser!


C)get something else drastic done, so people dont notice your hair so much! :P
Shave it all off and start again. You can wear a wig while yoiu wait, but you might actually enjoy being bald. It's the best cure for a bad haircut.
ok, first its just hair. it WILL grow back. there are a million other things worse in the world. But to help solve your problem. Wait it out- wear a hat, wear it up, get a wig...anything just for a month or two...then go to a NICE salon. When it comes to hair, you really get what you pay for (not saying you were cheap or anything). Hairdressers at upscale salons really know what they are doing-you can trust them with scissors. You shouldnt worry about hair though, its really silly, we have all had terrible haircuts before but in a few weeks it grows enough where you can change it. Good luck
Are you kidding me? You're life is over? It is frigging hair! It grows back. Get a life.
Talk about it with your husband. I'm sure it's not as bad as what you think.





I remember when I got my hair cut and the hairdresser cut so much off and made me look awful, I cried n tugged on my hair so badly trying to make it grow... I won't last long, don't worry. In the meantime, just wear a hat. Just be thankful you're not bald.





I dont really trust hairdresses myself, they always make a mess. no offence to any out there who are good. but from my own personal experiences.
it would b gud if u were in the army u poor thing
go buy a wig until it grows out and can be fixed properly if anyone asks why your wearing a wig tell them because you ran into a hair dresser from hell who chopped ya bald and now it has to grow out so you can get it done right. Running away is only going to hurt your family.Why punish them for something they didn't even do? Nope stay home and stop crying get a wig and enjoy the holidays its only hair and it will grow out OK NUFF SAID
I'm sure you know now to never go back to that hair stylist! I think in the future, you should explain what happened the next time you schedule a hair appt and ask if they have any pictures of their work you could see before you decide on a stylist. I can sympathize..something similar happened to me twice in my life. I didn't want to offend the person doing my hair, I should have just saw someone else(as you should have).Also, show a picture of what you want if possible, show them where you want the length to it as well. As far as your issues with your feelings, express yourself to your family so they can support you. You need to be reassured what a great person you are and they don't love you any less because someone screwed your hair up. Covering it up might work temporarily..but it won't make you feel any better about it.
I would ask some of my closest friends who have great hair where they get their hair done. Then see if you can at least talk to their hairstylist about what you can do. Have them describe in-depth what they would cut to fix it. If it sounds ok, let them do it but keep a close eye on them.





If it is an uneven as it sounds, you really should have it evened up so it can grow out properly. Unfortunately, it won't look great while it's growing out (no look ever looks good while it's growing out).





I'm so sorry to hear this happen to you (I had my hair cut shorter than an inch all over my head 2 days before I was the maid of honor in a friend's wedding because the girl got too busy talking instead of paying attention to my hair). Good luck.





Maybe play around with some hair products to make it look less obvious. Good luck - and it will grow back.
try these new extensions until your own hair grows back. They clip in so it will not ruin your hair.


http://www.wigshop.com/dept.asp?nid=5%26amp;di鈥?/a>
don't let this get out of hand your hair will grow back you must think or say something positive and be there for that family you love and who loves you anything else is wrong





be positive good luck
My dad said the same thing happened to his mum and that she had to wear a wig for ages. However all things will pass and now luckily you can get extensions. They are a bit expensive but if this is ruining your life so much then just go for it, just think nothing can be worse than how it is now.
A) sue them. It will make you feel so much better - see a solicitor


B) a wig or extensions will make your self esteem better. I had cancer earlier this year and lost all mine due to chemo. Wig helped me enormously.


C)wear funky bandannas (see b above)


D)Slick it back with wet look gel or spike it real funky


E) It will grow back, unlike the talent of the alleged hairdresser.
Oh dear. Get it dyed a funky colour or something so that you can find something positive about it. I'm sure it can't look as bad as you think, you're just comparing it to how it used to be so you just see the difference which maybe kinda shocks you. Perhaps try hair extensions? Best of luck. Oh, and remember it will grow back!!!


xx
go back to the hairdresser and complain and get your money back then use that money toward extensions
Go to a new hairdresser. But KNOW where you are going. Look and ask around. amd get it cut again. i know it will be really short, but get a style that makes you feel good.
poor you.i no how horrid you can feel when hair goes wrong,what i suggest you do if poss either get a half head of hair ext or buy a clip on ponytail .this was a savour for me when i had my hair cut short on a whim.you can work wonders with a hairpiece have a look in mags at some styles .(most models in books have extra hair or pieces attached thier own hairs not really that good ya no)get ideas n have a go,but for heavens sake stay clear of THAT salon in future.when you own hair starts to grow find a good salon and stick to it even if its pricey,they will get to no you and match the style with your personality.get sassing and practise your do,s for xmas.good luck
my dear you don't have to worry about the bad hair cut you had,


and i don't think the person who cut your hair can fix it again, stop worring and simply vist a shop in north london which is called pak hair boutique or call them on 02072632331, they do a very good quality of ''clip on hair '; which you can clip underneath your short hair and it will give you a lenghth and a natural look, and it is very easy to use, and very good price, you can use this natural extension until your own hair grows long!!!!!!!!
Go to a different hair dressers and ask for something ';groovy'; they will cut and style your hair (maybe add a bright colour, blue or pink etc.) and tell your family that you wanted a change and you will get looks for better reasons. Or if you ';your not that kinda girl'; get hair extentions. The hair dresser gets payed to do this so she won't laugh at your previous disaster, so chin up! x


PS go to a different hairdresser they are not all that bad!


Good Luck xxx
It should grow back, but wear a hat until then, if it makes you feel better..and have a thought for those who lose it through illness!
Ok, first off short hair is not the worst thing in the world. There are millions of sexy short hairstyles out there ... do a google search for short hair styles and you will see tons of pictures. Find a few that you like and print them. Then go to a real salon, preferably in a large cosmopolitan area, and show them to a stylist and explain your predicament. Don't worry about the price, good haircuts by real professionals might cost you seventy to a hundred bucks and up, but it will be worth it. Explain that your goal is to have long hair again, so you want something that will grow out OK, and that isn't too much shorter than what you already have. And most importantly stop worrying, it's only hair!!!!!!!!
I think thats really sad. I would go back and complain, tell them its not good enough try and get some money back, although that will obviously not make up for the emotional side of things you might feel a little better. Have you told your family how you feel? they would not want you to leave them because of some useless incompetent hairdresser. I had a horror of a haidresser a couple of years ago, who really embarrassed me by telling me I was riddled with head lice, I went away gutted. I got my family to have a look and a different haidresser, none of them found anything so I went back there and had a go. I never went there again and she has since gone out of buisness, so she can't have been that good. All I can say is if you can't get it fixed you are gonna have to cover it with a hat, headscarf or something until it grows out enough to tie up. Please dont feel so bad about it, it will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment